Saturday, February 18, 2012

Ubuntu on ARM and Android

I see many people doubt that Macintosh will move to ARM, since Jobs isn't alive. So I think Windows, Android, and Ubuntu. I also see Ubuntu has 9 kernels. They say that it will take them a while, for a universal ARM kernel.

So Android and Windows are the only ones in the market for probably a while.

Now I see there is 64 bit technology in ARM. So there will be 2 versions now soon. The only thing is, that it's not backwards compatible. Why? I saw in Intel, when they went from 16 to 32 to 64 bit, they kept all the technology that probably isn't even heard of today.

What I would like to see is a single firmware released by TI or ARM, and hopefully allow it to boot from a USB. Well Windows is probably going to push for UEFI. I don't care if it's UEFI, as long as secure-boot can be turned off.

I probably will use a Android tablet for a while. But I don't think the server work will be pushed. We have to restart at the drawing board as funding depleted. Well, we will restart and see.

Well I wanted to keep it short and tell you I will wait till 2014 when Ubuntu has a universal UEFI support.

Farewell,
Justinba1010

No comments:

Post a Comment